This program aims to make the participants champions of organizational resilience by equipping them with the techniques and skill sets necessary to effectively develop, implement, and appraise their respective BSCP. The program is comprised of three modules that focus on each stage and utilizes interactive and immersive methodologies.
What You Will Learn
- Module A: Developing the Continuity Plan (4 half days)
Recommended for participants: (1) with minimal experience in business continuity management, (2) who have never directly worked on developing a business continuity strategy for their organizations or (3) who are seeking to develop business continuity plans for their organizations.
- This module aims to help participants develop a continuity plan that is appropriate for their context. This module provides a framework for developing a continuity plan while being specific on the differences between the needs and processes of the public sector and the private sector (specifically for micro, small, and medium enterprises).
- At the end of this course, the participants are expected to have a working draft of their continuity plan that will be subject to testing.
- Day 1: Framework for Developing the Continuity Plan in the Private Sector and the Public Sector
- Day 2: Risk Assessment Framework and Business Impact Analysis
- Day 3: Best Practices in Writing Business Continuity Plans and Public Service Continuity Plans & BCP/PSCP Writing Immersion
- Day 4: Culmination Activity – Presentation of the BCP/PSCP
- Module B: Implementing the Continuity Plan (3 half days)
Recommended for participants: (1) who have previous experience with business continuity management, (2) who have directly worked on developing a business continuity strategy for their organizations, (3) who are looking to strengthen the implementation of a pre-existing business continuity plan in their organizations.
- This module aims to help participants strengthen the existing testing and maintenance programs of their respective organizations to ensure that its reliable, workable, and acceptable to their recovery requirements
- At the end of this module, the participants are expected to design the appropriate exercise plan (from defining the scope and objectives to evaluation result management). This includes crisis simulation and tabletop exercises relevant to the context of the organization (virtual and non-virtual).
- Day 1: Appropriate exercises in testing Business Continuity strategies
- Day 2: Design Day – Asynchronous
- Day 3: Crisis Simulation and Action Planning
- Module C: Appraising the Continuity Plan (3 half days)
Recommended for participants: (1) who have advanced experience with business continuity management, (2) have direct experience developing and implementing business continuity strategy for their organizations, (3) who are looking to institutionalize the learning process of their respective organizations from previous experience of implementing their business continuity plans.
- This module aims to help the participants integrate the results of their business/service continuity implementation and to facilitate continual improvements focused on operational viability. In this module, emphasis will be given to creating a culture of organizational learning and documenting organizational history to institutionalize knowledge and lessons from previous crisis and disaster experiences.
- At the end of this module, participants are expected to present an action plan that provides details on feedback loops, the development of advocacy activities and training interventions, and the creation of an information repository that can help them undertake information-driven decisions during crisis contexts.
- Day 1: Integrating results to facilitate continual improvements to sustain organizational viability
- Day 2: Creating a Culture of organizational learning
- Day 3: Documenting organizational history to institutionalize knowledge and previous crisis and disaster experiences
Well-Structured Program and World-Class Faculty
The online program offers a venue for high-impact learning with real-time, experiential, and interactive online sessions. Participants will learn from AIM’s world-class faculty and its network of industry leaders and practitioners.
A Process Perspective of Continuity Management
The online program deep dives into the end-to-end process of continuity management, so that the participants gain a holistic and system-wide understanding of how to effectively manage business and service continuity.
Skill Set for Effective Business and Service Continuity Management in Turbulent Environments
The online program enhances the participants’ capability to lead and manage in turbulent contexts, as well as to design appropriate programs that can help make their organizations risk-prepared. Which in turn, can become a building block for achieving organizational resilience.
Who Should Attend
|Managers, supervisors, and program specialists from the public and private sectors who are 1) involved in continuity management, risk management, communication, and public relations and 2) who can champion organizational resilience within their respective organizations.
|Entrepreneurs and Business Owners who want to make sure that their business is risk prepared, and can continue to withstand the demands of a turbulent environment.