Participants are expected to learn by doing. They will describe, analyze, and interpret data and models with simulations, MS Excel, and/or Tableau. One important lesson of this course is understanding the basic techniques in data analytics and knowing when to use them. More importantly, participants will gain a data-driven mindset as a result of the substantial, hands-on sessions.
What You Will Learn
- Identify opportunities to apply data analytics within the organization
- Formulate analytics-driven questions grounded on business value
- How to classify business data
- How to perform Exploratory Data Analysis
- How to build a basic predictive analytics platform (recommendation systems)
- Communicate and present data-driven findings convincingly and effectively by knowing the elements of good data visualizations
- How to navigate through data-driven platforms and make reproducible data-driven decisions
At the end of the five half-days, participants will have learned the foundations and trends of analytics, sharpened their skills for mining available data, and established a data-driven approach for making sound business decisions within their organizations.
Who Should Attend
This program is highly recommended for Entrepreneurs, Business Leaders, Supervisors, Managers, and Information Technology Specialists who have the responsibility of collecting and mining business, financial, and customer information, and translating these into business insights for sound decision-making. The program is designed as a beginner to intermediate course on Data Analytics and the lessons are relevant across all industries.