Participants in the program are expected:
• To achieve an in-depth understanding of the dimensions of political leadership and power in designing and implementing development initiatives;
• To enhance skills and capabilities in developing strategies for managing and leading governance mechanisms to promote public value, accountability, transparency, and inclusive representation; and
• To develop collaborative platforms for transformation processes in local governance.
What You Will Learn
- Making sense of the complexity of political leadership in support of the local government’s desired future;
- Understand the Bridging Leadership Framework as an ethos and tool for leading and managing change.
- Co-creating public value
- Understanding complex issues of the political environment and public service through systems thinking
- Engaging others for collaborative action in transformation processes
- Creating, sustaining, and designing change projects and programs
- Possess new analytical tools to support one’s leadership decision in leading and managing change.
- Become more adaptive and politically competent in designing and implementing governance mechanisms that create public value for public service.
- Instill a collaborative mindset to mobilize stakeholders in transforming local governance.
Who Should Attend
Re-elected and newly elected Governors, Vice-Governors, Mayors, Vice Mayors, Provincial Board Members, City/Municipal
Councilors, and Local Government Executives.