- Understand the foundational concepts and principles of Systems Thinking with chaos and complexity theories with foresight as a context.
- Explore the interconnections of Systems Thinking and Foresight and identify ways to integrate both approaches to spot weak signals and opportunities.
- Learn the methods and tools in systems thinking for envisioning alternative futures.
- Demonstrate practical applications and share real-world case studies through group exercises to study and apply systems thinking in foresight practice.
What You Will Learn
- Foundations of Systems Thinking, including chaos and complexity theory with foresight as context.
- Familiarize yourself with several systems thinking tools and techniques and apply them in envisioning alternative futures.
- Integrate and explore how systems thinking enhances foresight methodologies and approaches.
- Examine case studies and real-world examples of Systems Thinking applied to foresight.
- Systems Thinking fosters a holistic perspective to foresight leading to more comprehensive and nuanced insights into complex systems.
- Equips you with tools and methods to navigate complexity, understanding the dynamics and behaviors of complex systems to anticipate potential impacts of consequences and actions better.
- Systems Thinking enhances your ability to think long-term and develop robust, adaptive, and sustainable strategies and avoid short-sighted solutions.
- Systems Thinking is a valuable addition to the toolkit of professional foresight practitioners. It complements other foresight methods and techniques and enriches futurists’ analysis and understanding of future trends and scenarios.
- Enhances your systems literacy and ability to understand complex futures from a systems perspective.
Who Should Attend
Foresight practitioners, policy analysts and decision-makers, urban planners and city administrators, sustainability practitioners, business strategists and innovators, researchers, academics, and professionals in various industries.